Tips on Tryouts
- Be sure to complete all the paperwork and payments prior to tryouts, as the registration desk will be incredibly busy, with handing out jerseys, assigning dressing rooms ect. The paperwork required is:
1. Comlpete online waiver form: Online Waiver Form
2. Complete payment: Payments
- Ensure that skates are sharp. Most rinks in the Spring will not have skate sharpening services.
- Double check that you have all the equipment packed and ready to go in your hockey bag the night before.
- Bring your own water bottle, clearly marked with the players name on it.
- Bring an extra stick or two.
- Ensure that you know where the arena is, please refer to the schedule for the Arena Name.
- Get plently of sleep the night before.
- Be at the arena at least one hour prior to start time.
- Ensure the player is dressed and ready to go 15 minutes prior to start time.
- The tryouts are made up of scrimmages, so encourage your son to have fun. That is why he is playing the game.
- After each session parents should find positive feedback on plays he made in that session.
- There will usually be more than one skate each day. In between sessions, have a snack, light meal and drink plenty of fluids.
- Tryouts can be intimidating for young players, we encourage parents to find someone he knows and have him register as well. Note on the registration form that these two players want to be on the same team. That will make it easier for both players with a familiar face in the dressing room.